Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A bit of a blog...

My dear blog, I have done it again. I am guilty of serious neglect, and for that I am sorry. It has been a bit of a muddly sort of month for me. Just when you think you're getting back on track, life tends to throw another spanner in the works. It's all part of the parcel, and certainly keeps you on your toes! As a result of certain gossip-mongers and pot-stirrers, I have made the decision to remove myself from the drama.
Facebook was a wonderful tool, while it lasted - but social networking has played a large part in the breakdown of communication between my son's father and I (not to mention unnecessary angst) so I have called it quits. I shall still be using it to moderate the Roller Derby page (along with that for this sadly neglected blog), but everything else has been put on hold indefinitely! It is for the best anyway. I spent wasted far too many hours on that silly site, and cannot believe how much time I now have on my hands!


So much has happened since I last updated, so it may take some time for me to get back up to speed... however I will try and do a quick cursory update for now, to get the proverbial ball rolling.


  • Work/Career: I am very proud (and pleased) to note that I am officially off the back of the taxpayer. I am so incredibly happy that, despite a rather unfortunate series of events, my time on the Domestic Purposes Benefit was short-lived (only 2 months). I have started home-based daycare, and although it is not the most lucrative career move, it enables me to stay at home with my darling son and make enough to get by. I am also starting volunteer work at the local radio station (who sponsor our Roller Derby Team), and am crossing everything that this will eventually turn into a paid/permanent position. This would be ideal for me, as it utilises my past experience and skills from my media-past in Auckland.
  • Friends/Family: It is admittedly slightly harder to keep in touch with everyone now that I have effectively deleted facebook, but I am determined. The way I see it, if people are true friends they will manage to keep in touch regardless of a social networking site. I am striving to maintain real-life and in-the-flesh friendships, as opposed to basing my life in the cyber-realm of non-reality.  
  • Life/Love: I still have my ups and downs, and (unfortunately for my poor mother) she experienced one of my "downs" when she visited the last few days. I would like to re-iterate how blessed I am to have such wonderful supportive family, and apologise for being (for want of better words) a little brat! I am trying hard to overcome my strong sense of betrayal, and should not have ever taken it out on the ones who love me unconditionally (as I do them). Oopsy daisy... It's a rough time, but it will get better.
  • Everything in-between: That pretty much sums up everything. I'm working, thankful for friends and family, and removing the drama and the lecherous stirrers from my life. My son will always be the main man in my life, and I cannot foresee another significant man (bar my father) on my horizon any time in the next few years - which is actually awesome! I love rediscovering myself, and re-learning who I actually am (as I have mentioned previously, I had forgotten this a long time ago in my quest to be the "perfect partner" - spew!).
Life is good, although rocky. Love is great, although painful. But most of all, laughter is key and I will strive to fill my life with as much of that as possible! Enough negativity - be gone! 

Over & Out.

No comments: